How should I perform dry fit?
It is very simple, yet one of the most important steps of the cabin installation.
- Remove Frame A and C from the cabins canvas, set the rest of the cabin, and insect screen aside.
- Find your reference line on the bow – where you will like your cabin to start – and measure back 21″, mark this point with blue tape.
- Using the same reference line; measure back 71″ ( or for a larger cabin 81″ ) and again mark that point with blue tape.
- Position Frame A ( the smallest/ most forward frame ) horizontally on the 21″ mark, then mark the points on the gunwale with blue tape where the legs of the frames are resting.
- Position Frame C horizontally at the 71″ ( or 81″ for the larger cabins ) and again mark with blue tape the points where the legs of the frames are resting on the gunwale.
These marked ( blue tape ) points on your gunwale are your guidelines/ parameter for laying down the mounting track.
You may find Frame A or C a bit wider or narrower than the desired width that suits your gunwale dimensions. Remember the aluminum frames of the cabin are flex outward and inward, as listed on the product description Shop pages.